A Mindful Smile can reach all parts of the body!
I know I bang on about Mindfulness and I know you all tell me you don’t have time….even when you are doing it unconsciously (bet I could find you time if I followed you for a day too!). But a Mindful Smile is natural medicine.
Let’s take Mindfulness to a Micro Level which is doable and as we all know it’s about the ‘DOING.’ So my challenge to you is to have a go at one of the tasks/practice I have given my students…….The Mindful Smile
The Payoff will be….
Less stress at the end of the day, those 4 pm headaches will lessen, you won’t go home and kick the cat or the partner and you will have a more peaceful evening!
Make a commitment to yourself
Decide to take 2 minutes time out and sit quietly where you won’t be disturbed. Feet flat on the floor and back straight.
Take a couple of deep breathes in and out relaxing the body; especially the shoulders, jaw and solar plexus! Just drop into that lovely quiet space you can feel when you daydream
As you breathe in begin to mindfully smile to yourself. Feel that radiant energy flow into your face because you are releasing those smiley endorphins into the brain. It’s a big cheesy grin that appears and your eyes crinkle.
- As you breathe out;
- Release your mindful smile, relaxing the whole of your face and notice how your body also releases tension.
- And now breathe in smiling again feeling it reach your eyes
- And out, relaxing the face….don’t forget to release the jaw as that gets so tense during the day resulting in migraines/headaches.
- Notice how the lungs and belly expand.
- Let go of thoughts by just focusing on the breath, the smile and the energy beginning to change throughout your body
Keep this going for 2 minutes and check out how happy and balanced you feel at the end along with more energy.
Do this a few times throughout the day and it’s amazing how your energy changes.
Continue with the rest of your day.
Want to ramp it up a bit then check out How Bubbles can boost your energy and wellbeing click here
Guess what…this is a phenomenal exercise to do with the kids they love it…start them early.
Until Next time