Winner – that’s me.
I’m a Winner! I put myself out for a challenge in July and today I completed it. What an achievement. A significant bit of Self-Actualisation
How do I feel?
As a self-confessed poor completer-finisher (team roles) it’s a miracle! Yes, they happen all the time we just don’t see or feel them.
Even as a winner I can procrastinate with the best of you, however, I have found that if it is something I am passionate about it eventually gets done – in Diva Time.
Without a doubt, I have loved the creative process of writing my mixed bag of musings. They brought to the forefront memories I had long forgotten like my Nan buying me sweets every Thursday when I lived in a shop that sold sweets, hers were much better!
The connection with words
Having been fortunate to have been connected with Sark Media. I have found out so much more about the craft of writing blogs, and it is an art, a skill that takes a time to develop and refine regularly. I have had connections with others and learned from their writing and feedback. Thank you to each one who took the time to respond and comment. I have renewed my love of dipping into my imagination not just for Mindfulness and Meditation but for telling a few of my stories like Old Women; Spiders and Rubbish.
Reminders of my journey
- Winners remember Headings – they lead the reader through your story. I forgot this and am now attempting to be more creative with them.
- I resurrected forgotten skills, especially with outbound links and using some media and images. Coming from an academic background, it easy to write long essays but that’s not for blogs, so I am now getting proficient at less than 500 words. All in just over 30 days (41 in fact).
- My typing has improved! My spelling not so respectable therefore Grammarly came into operation.
- Winners listen to feedback, consider and act on it.
- Generated many ideas for blog – some downright silly (like a story of Pooh!) But you might still get it!
- My Blog style has developed considerably
New skills and processes
Oh! Those words…Optimising; Meta Tags; Yoast; Key Words and Phrases; and that’s just the first four days of Emails from Sarah. What it has done is spur me on to go back and reread each email to ensure I understand and can translate the information to my work. I have to learn more about transition words and meta descriptions but that will all come.
The biggest payoff has been traffic to my Blog and Facebook Page which has been brilliant. It’s also been humbling to hear that people have found several of the exercises useful for example the nature sounds and those that can be done at a desk or when out.
Without a doubt it has also had an immense effect on the structure of the book I am writing, and there have been changes to its format and shape – so double-whammy!
I am certain that everyone who has undertaken this challenge will find the journey full of highs and lows; of laughter and tears; of brain-fog and blue skies. It’s all part of that rich tapestry of life; all part of who you are and will add to who you are becoming on your journey
A Big Diva Hug to all who have been on this journey with me; long may it continue.
Until next time