Bubbles, who doesn’t love them?
Bubbles you see them and smile. You drink them they fizz, and they tickle. Did you know you can use them for Balance and Relaxation?
At the end of the summer term, I donate a small gift to each of my students for having the persistence and commitment to remain with me for another year.
I never know what that gift will be until it jumps out at me; this year it was BUBBLES…. Why on earth would I give a bunch of middle-aged adults kids bubbles? For three extremely good reasons.
By blowing bubbles from time to time, they would be;
- Getting Breathing Practice – a Key to Balance and Stability
- Connecting with the child within (playing!)
- Visualising themselves being surrounded by a bubble of light
So therefore without being at class, they would be continuing their mindful practice over the break, and could do it with the kids!
The following simple exercise
This is recommended as an effective method for achieving a relaxed state
Find a quiet place where you won’t be disturbed and practice the following exercise for a couple of minutes – (don’t forget to buy bubbles)
- Stand tall keeping the spine straight and let your shoulders drop –relax your body checking for any tensions- try to let it go.
- Focus on the wand and taking a deep breath feel the belly rise or expand gently as you breathe in and fall as you breathe out.
- As you breathe out, concentrate the air on the wand and liquid.
- Blow in a steady out breath
- Slowly and gently – notice the size of bubbles you can achieve
- As soon as they have popped carry on and repeat for 2 minutes
- If you notice your mind has wandered off the task notice what it was, that took you away and then gently bring your attention back to your breathing and the bubbles you are blowing.
- Do this with your Kids too – excellent for sharing mindfulness.
Not only are you regulating your breathing you are connecting with your child within and that is important. We all need to play and take time out from the daily grind.
Benefits of Adults Playing include stress relief and relationship development – What about Play at Work?
At our end of term meal, I presented my tribe with said bubbles and they decided to cover me in them, in the photo, they looked like angels dancing.
Remember Bubbles also occur in Sparkling Water/Champagne/Cava/ Prosecco – So what’s stopping you from having a few Sparkles in your life?
Until next time